Unbelievable Yet Amazing

May 4, 2008

Boy Scouting


Just because of some recent things I have gone through I have started to wounder why do we try to make others happy, even at the expense of ourselves? Yes, I do realize that sometimes we have to, "look out for number one," but in general people will try to help each other, or at least I do. I don't go around bragging it but I think in general I am a pretty kind person, but why will I go out of my way sometimes to help people, even when I know it will not be returned. All I get is a thank you, and a good feeling. Is it just a trait I have or is it the situation, I don't know. I just don't understand why I keep helping people, and they wouldn't go out of their way to help me.

This just gets me wondering if I am a rare person, or if most people will help you out. It's not like I don't know people who help others for good, many of my friends, I think and hope, would help me out if I needed it, even if I didn't ask for it. I don't know if I am just young and naive, but I'd like to think the world is that good of a place, but the more and more I experience it, the more I think that statement isn't true.

No comments: