Unbelievable Yet Amazing

May 13, 2008

imusic


"Turn it up, This is MY SONG!" You hear that a lot. Why is it your song? Do you just really like it? Or is does it actually have some meaning to you? Either is fine. But, I think it is strange to look at the music you currently listen to. At least for me, I seem to always find a way to associate it to my life at the time. Even if the song is completely random, and you are the only one that could make the jump. I seem to always just find that one or two songs that was, "written about me, for me." It is weird how much you can connect to, esspechailly when you look at it. Now for instance, I am listening to music as I type this up and find my self trying to connect it to my life.

I don't know why we/I do this. It may be just to personalize your favorite song, it may be that you want to understand the music on a further level, it could help you cope and feel like there is someone who has been through a similar spot, or it may just be fun. I think I do it for all of these reasons. And now, I am guessing that either you are doing the same thing as you listen to music, recalling a time that you have done it, or you will the next time you listen to music. It's not a bad thing, I like it, as I said it's fun.

No comments: