Unbelievable Yet Amazing

April 26, 2008

The Bucket List


A week or so back I went to the Bucket list. It was a good movie, strangely it was a comedy, and I did like watching it. You may have seen some commercials for it, it was about to men who were diagnosed with cancer, one thing leads to another, and they end up making a bucket list together. A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you, "kick the bucket." Then for the rest of the movie they spend it going and doing the things on the list. Although I did enjoy the movie while I was watching it I never more then chuckled. I just couldn't get it out of my head that these two were going to die, soon, and they had no way out of it. I just couldn't get over that and it just depressed me. Yes, it was all acting so they could play the characters, but I hear about people like that all the time. They find out there isn't much left and they just go do everything you can with the time they have left. I wounder what kind of person does that; is there some type of personality that usually does it or is it just random. How do you take probably the worse news of your life and shrug it off and just accept it. I don't know what I would do if it happened to me, I hope it is no time soon, but I wounder how I would react. I hope I would act like the two in the movie, but it hasn't happened to me yet so I have no way of knowing.
Also it just got me to thinking, what do I want to be on my Bucket List?
  1. Visit every continent in the world

  2. Have a family
  3. Fly a plane

  4. Climb a mountain (kind of like in the movie)

  5. And I'm sure I will be adding some as I think more

But what do you want to do before you die? If it isn't too depressing for you then leave so comments.

No comments: